Kramer 691 4K60 HDMI Fiber Optic Transmitter
691 is a high−performance HDBaseT 2.0 fiber transmitter for ultra−reach extension of 4K60Hz (4:2:0) HDMI, USB, Ethernet, RS−232, IR and stereo audio signals over either multi−mode or single−mode fiber optic. 691 converts all input signals into the transmitted HDBaseT 2.0 signal over fiber optics. The extended line receiver, such as Kramer 692, converts the HDBaseT 2.0 signal back to 4K60Hz (4:2:0) HDMI, USB 2.0, Ethernet, RS−232, IR and stereo audio output signals. 691 extends video signals to up to 33km (20.5 miles) over single−mode fiber at up to 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) resolution.
- High Performance Standard Fiber Extender — HDBaseT 2.0 fiber transmitter for providing ultra–reach signals over either multi–mode or single–mode optical fiber infrastructures, using Kramer pluggable OSP SFP+ units. 691 is a standard fiber extender that can be connected to any market–available HDBaseT–compliant extension product.
Note: To ensure Kramer support and warranty of the 691 product, use only Kramer's certified hi–performance OSP SFP+ pluggable optical units. For optimum extension reach and performance, use Kramer's OSP SFP+ units and recommended Kramer cables. Non–Kramer cables may not reach these ranges.
- HDMI Signal Extension — HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 1.4 compliant. Supports deep color, x.v.Color™, lip sync, HDMI uncompressed audio channels, Dolby TrueHD, DTS–HD, 2K, 4K, and 3D. EDID and CEC signals are passed through from the source to the display.
- I–EDIDPro™ Kramer Intelligent EDID Processing™ — Intelligent EDID handling, processing and pass–through algorithm that ensures Plug and Play operation for HDMI source and display systems.
- USB Extension — USB 2.0 interface data flows in both directions, allowing extension of HID (Human Interface Devices) peripheral devices, such as a mouse or a keyboard. High–bandwidth USB peripheral devices, such as USB isochronous streaming cameras and audio devices, transfer data continuously and periodically. Delivery of their transferred data is not guaranteed by the USB standard and is subject to both USB and HDBaseT line bandwidth management limitations. When such devices are connected, check their functionality to ensure bandwidth limitations are not exceeded.
- Ethernet Extension — Ethernet interface data flows in both directions allowing extension of up to 100Mbps Ethernet connectivity for LAN communication and device control.
- Bidirectional RS–232 Extension — Serial interface data flows in both directions allowing data transmission and device control.
- Bidirectional Infrared Extension — IR interface data flows in both directions allowing remote control of peripheral devices located at either end of the extended line.
- Audio Embedding (Adding) — A selectable analog unbalanced stereo audio input is converted into a digital signal and added (embedded) to the transmitted HDMI signal, replacing the embedded HDMI audio input signal. This enables embedding a selectable audio source over HDMI. For example, a presenter can display a video clip and temporarily override the audio of the source media with another audio source, such as from a microphone.
- Cost–Effective Maintenance — Status LED indicators for the HDMI input and HDBT output link facilitate easy local troubleshooting. Remote device management via built–in web UI and RS–232 connection enable simple device maintenance. Kramer Network support provides remote device and network management. Local and remote firmware upgrade via mini–USB, RS–232 or Ethernet connection and the K–Upload tool ensure lasting, field–proven deployment.
- Easy Installation — Half 19” 1U rack mountable fan–less enclosure enables side–by–side mounting of 2 units in a 1U rack space.
- Spec sheet
The Kramer 691 4K60 HDMI Fiber Optic Transmitter is a high-performance HDBaseT 2.0 fiber transmitter designed to extend 4K60Hz (4:2:0) HDMI, USB, Ethernet, RS-232, IR, and stereo audio signals over multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic cables. This transmitter converts all input signals into the transmitted HDBaseT 2.0 signal over fiber optics, allowing for an extended line receiver, such as the Kramer 692, to convert the signal back to 4K60Hz HDMI, USB 2.0, Ethernet, RS-232, IR, and stereo audio output signals.
The 691 transmitter can extend video signals up to an impressive 33km (20.5 miles) over single-mode fiber, ensuring a high-quality resolution of up to 4K@60Hz (4:2:0). This makes it an ideal choice for applications that require long-distance transmission of video signals, such as large venues or professional installations.
One of the key features of the Kramer 691 is its high-performance standard fiber extender capability. By using Kramer pluggable OSP SFP+ units, this transmitter can provide ultra-reach signals over both multi-mode and single-mode fiber infrastructures. It is compatible with any market-available HDBaseT-compliant extension product, ensuring flexibility and ease of use.
In addition to its video extension capabilities, the 691 transmitter also supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 1.4 compliant signals, allowing for deep color, x.v.Color, lip sync, HDMI uncompressed audio channels, and support for various audio formats. The Intelligent EDID Processing feature ensures hassle-free Plug and Play operation for HDMI source and display systems.
Moreover, the 691 transmitter enables USB 2.0 interface data flow in both directions, allowing for the extension of HID peripheral devices such as a mouse or keyboard. It also supports Ethernet extension for up to 100Mbps connectivity, as well as bidirectional RS-232 and infrared extension for data transmission and device control.
Installation is made easy with the half 19" 1U rack mountable fan-less enclosure, which allows for side-by-side mounting of two units in a 1U rack space. Furthermore, the transmitter offers cost-effective maintenance with status LED indicators, remote device management capabilities, and local and remote firmware upgrades.
The Kramer 691 4K60 HDMI Fiber Optic Transmitter is a reliable and versatile solution for extending various signals over long distances, making it perfect for professional audiovisual installations and other applications requiring high-quality signal transmission.