The EX-HDU is used to extend HDMI video and USB data on a single Cat6 cable up to 200 ft (60 meters). HDMI audio is extracted and is provided both as analog stereo and multi-channel digital. The EX-HDU can also be used to control other equipment by providing programmable contact closure I/O, RS-232 output, IR output, and optional LAN interface with internal WebGUI and IP control.
The EX-HDU extender consists of an EX-HDU-WP single-gang wall plate transmitter and an EX-HDU-R (or EX-HDU-R-IP) receiver. They connect using standard CAT5e/6 UTP cabling up to 200 feet (60 Meters) long.
The wall-plate Sender gets its power from the Receiver via the same UTP cable and does not need a separate power supply. For convenience, the wall plate features a USB hub with two USB ports for connection of USB devices. The plug-and-play extender is compatible with all PCs, MACs, and Android Tablets and does not require driver installation. Simply plug the PC's HDMI and USB ports to the sender and make them available at the remote receiver.
The Receiver provides HDMI video output, stereo audio output, 4 USB ports, IR output, and a terminal strip that has RS-232 output plus 4 programmable digital I/O ports. A mini-USB port is also provided for configuration upload from a PC for cases where the Receiver is used also as a control system.
Receiver with IP connectivity is the model EX-HDU-R-IP. It provides an ETHERNET port for control via IP commands or internal webpage.
- Extends HDMI + USB 2.0 to 150 ft (46 m) on one Cat 6 cable
- Wall plate sender has 2-port hub for connection to USB devices to the host PC
- Receiver provides HDMI, 4 USB ports, plus contact-closure I/O and RS-232 for display control
- HDMI Audio Extracted output (L/R analog) on Receiver
- Perfect for Interactive displays, Soft CODECs, and KVM extension
- Wall plate does not require separate power supply
- Receiver is available with optional IP and WebGUI control
- EX-HDU Users Manual
- Screen Up/Down control