Hall Research FHD264-S Dynamic Virtual Matrix Switch
Hall Research HDMI, Audio, RS-232 & IR over LAN Matrix Switch
The FHD264 is a family of HDMI over LAN Senders (encoders) and Receivers (decoders) utilizing advanced video encoding techniques in order to distribute up to 64 Full-HD video signals to hundreds of displays on a simple 1 Gigabit local area network (LAN). They also extend Serial RS-232 communications and bi-directional IR remote signals. HDMI Audio is extracted and available on a convenient 3.5mm stereo jack on both the Sender and the Receiver. The FHD264-S Sender also provides local HDMI output.
A two-line front panel LCD is provided to enable easily configuration or monitoring of parameters such as IP settings, multicast group selection, assignment of device names, and more. This eliminates the usual installation challenges of finding and configuring devices on the network for the first time. With the front panel LCD, users can see and assign configuration parameters with ease.
The RS-232 serial ports on each unit can be used in SoIP mode (Serial over IP). This allows 3rd party IP controllers to directly control peripheral equipment via RS-232. For example if the RS-232 of a receiver is connected to a video projector, you can turn the projector on or off via telnet commands sent to the FHD264 Receiver.
- Create a virtual matrix with up to 64 Senders and unlimited Receivers
- Works on affordable 1Gig network infrastructure
- Front panel LCD for configuration of IP parameters & status indication
- HDMI loop output on FHD264-S Sender
- 3.5mm extracted HDMI Audio outputs on each device
- PoE ready (power supply included for non PoE LAN Switches)
- Fail-safe back up video designation to create automatic redundancy
- Serial Over IP (SoIP) to control external equipment via the Serial port
- Receivers include small IR remote controller for switching channels
- Easy to use WebGUI in each unit, accessible from any browser
- IR (infra-red) extension from Receiver to Sender
- User-definable names for each device (e.g. Lobby Monitor, Signage PC)
- OSD to show selected source's name and multicast group number.
- FHD264 User Manual