Extron DTP HDMI 230 Rx ExtenderExtron Electronics
- Current Stock:
The Extron DTP HDMI 230 Rx is a digital twisted pair receiver that works with Extron DTP 230-enabled products for the long distance transmission of HDMI, audio, and bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals over a single CATx cable. It provides an effective means for extending HDMI with embedded multi-channel audio from HDMI-equipped devices. In addition, the DTP HDMI 230 Rx accepts pass through analog stereo audio signals from a DTP 230-enabled product over the same twisted pair cable. It is capable of sending 1080p/60 Deep Color, 1920x1200, UHD, and 4K signals up to 230 feet (100 meters). The compact enclosure size and remote power capability make the DTP HDMI 230 Rx ideal for discreet placement in lecterns, behind flat-panel displays, or wherever needed to meet application requirements.
The HDCP-compliant DTP HDMI 230 Rx enables the reliable, long distance transmission of HDMI signals, supporting Deep Color up to 12-bit, CEC pass-through, and embedded HD lossless audio formats. In addition, DDC communication of EDID and HDCP is continuously maintained between a source and display, ensuring direct compatibility and optimal signal transmission between devices. The DTP HDMI 230 Rx also supports direct pass through of stereo analog audio from a DTP 230-enabled matrix switcher. The analog stereo audio signal is sent over the same twisted pair cable as the HDMI and control signals, eliminating the need for a separate cable run to support analog audio at the receiver.
The twisted pair receiver provides other convenient, integrator-friendly features designed to help simplify installation. The DTP HDMI 230 Rx supports simultaneous transmission of bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals from a control system for AV device control. Also, the receiver can be remotely powered over the twisted pair cable by a DTP 330-enabled product, allowing both devices to share one power supply.
The DTP HDMI 230 Rx can be integrated with an Extron DTP CrossPoint® 84 Presentation Matrix Switcher to support outputs at remote locations. The receiver is housed in a 1" (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosure. The low profile design of the DTP HDMI 230 Rx allows for discreet placement in lecterns and behind flat-panel displays.
Extron recommends Extron-certified XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable, shielded RJ-45 plugs, jacks, and couplers engineered for optimum signal transmission with Extron DTP Series products. The XTP DTP 24 cable is certified to 475 MHz, and utilizes a SF/UTP design with four unshielded 24 AWG twisted pair conductors inside an overall braid and foil shield for superior performance and noise immunity.
- View the Extron DTP HDMI 230 Rx spec sheet here
- Receives HDMI plus control and analog audio up to 230 feet over a single CATx cable - The DTP HDMI 230 Rx provides high reliability and maximum performance on an economical and easily installed cable infrastructure.
- Input: One DTP 230 twisted pair input on RJ-45
- Outputs: One HDMI, stereo audio on captive screw
- Supports computer-video to 1920x1200, HDTV 1080p/60 Deep Color, UHD, and 4K resolutions
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable - The DTP HDMI 230 Rx fully supports a maximum transmission distance of 230 feet for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable. Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid center conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Accepts additional analog stereo audio signals - The DTP HDMI 230 Rx supports direct pass through of stereo analog audio from a DTP 230-enabled product. Embedded digital audio is not de-embedded from the digital video signal.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats - The DTP HDMI 230 Rx is compatible with a broad range of multi-channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI sources.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, HD lossless audio formats, and CEC pass-through
- HDCP compliant
- Supports EDID and HDCP transmission - DDC channels are actively buffered, allowing continuous communication between source and display.
- Bidirectional RS-232 and IR pass-through for AV device control - Bidirectional RS-232 control and IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal, allowing remote AV devices to be controlled without the need for additional cabling.
- Remote power capability - For simplified installation, the receiver can be remotely powered by a DTP 230-enabled product over the twisted pair connection.
- Compatible with all DTP 230 Series transmitters and DTP 230-enabled products - Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate transmitters, as well as other DTP 330-enabled products to meet application requirements.
- LED indicator for signal presence and power - Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- RJ-45 signal and link LED indicators for DTP port - Provides a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- UL 2043 plenum rated - The DTP HDMI 230 Rx meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling - power supply excluded. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the receiver to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited.
- 1" (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosure - With a low profile enclosure, the device can be installed discreetly wherever needed.
- Includes LockIt HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Energy-efficient external universal power supply included with Tx models, part # 70-775-01 - Provides worldwide compatibility, low power consumption, and reduced operating costs